Saturday 3 March 2018

Writing NFC app using Cordova for M24LR16 I2C RFID EEPROM - but...

I am in the process of creating an Android app using Cordova with phonegap-NFC plugin. I am interfacing with an RFID I2C EEPROM M24LR16 and my firmware is already ready and tested. I have the sample Android app of ST Microelectronics and the RFID EEPROM works and I can transfer and read data. But after building the Cordova app for 1 hour, it didn't work.

Digging into the documentation, phonegap-nfc doesn't support non-NDEF tags. Most folks are suggesting to modify the phonegap-NFC library for that purpose. It is my first time to work with NFC tag firmware and this is a very good learning experience. I don't know which path to go as of the moment, but I will try to modify the phonegap-NFC library. If it doesn't work out, I will develop the Android app using Android Studio.

Update:
I had just finished creating the Android app using Java (Android Studio). It works great with Non-NDEF NFC tags. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment